3M 39008 Headlight Lens Restoration System
- Easy, 3-step process requires as little as an hour to remove scratches and restore cloudy, dull lenses
- Features 3M abrasive technology and a polishing compound to restore hazy and dull headlight lenses, as well as other plastic lens surfaces on your vehicle
- System is intended to restore two headlight lenses
- Utilizes the muscle power of a common household (1200-1600 rpm) drill to do all the necessary sanding and buffing
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
|In the past, replacing scratched, clouded or yellowed plastic headlight covers was an expensive necessity in order to preserve safety. But now with the 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System, car and motorcycle owners can shine and restore plastic lenses — including headlights, tail lights, fog and directional lights — to like-new condition for a fraction of the cost. This kit includes everything needed to restore two headlight lenses, excluding the user-supplied household drill (1200-1600 rpm), automotive tape, clean cloth, and spray bottle. |
Plastic surfaces are great for giving vehicles lightweight, durable components – from plastic headlight lenses to motorcycle windshields, plastic tail lights, trailers and more. But these plastic components can yellow and haze with weather, sun and sand, limiting visibility and diminishing the appearance and value of the vehicle. While the impact on a vehicle's value varies, the dangers in terms of limited visibility are clear: It is a factor in 2.8 million accidents, 23,000 fatal crashes and 2,300 pedestrian deaths each year, according to the Motor Vehicle Lighting Council. Dim headlight bulbs and hazy plastic headlight lenses or surfaces may lead to this reduced visibility, putting you, your passengers and other cars at risk. The AAIA Car Care Council found that 26 percent of the cars it inspected had issues with their lighting system. Millions of cars on the road today have plastic headlight lenses. The problem increases with the age of the lens, and with the average age of cars on the road about 10 years old, the problem is growing. Yet there is something you can do about it.
The Do-It-Yourself Solution
How Does it Work?
1-disc pad holder, 1-3M soft interface pad, 6-3M sanding discs, 4-3M finishing discs, 1- 3M trizact disc, 1-3M headlight lens polish/rubbing compound (1 oz), 1-buffing pad, step-by-step directions.
Limitation of Liability
- Product Dimensions: 2.7 x 5.8 x 7 inches; 0.29 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.29 pounds
- ASIN: B001AIZ5HY
- Item model number: 39008
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.